Wharton has extensive resources to empower students to achieve success in their summer internships and full-time job search process at Wharton and to lay the foundation for them to attain their long-term career goals.
Wharton’s career management team will guide you through the entire career management process – from refining your career goals and developing your search strategy to managing job offers and the on-boarding process. With the help of Career Management, you will complete a full assessment of your skills, values and goals, assess your job search skills, develop your job search skills for an MBA-level search, and create a personalized plan for your job search process — now and into the future.
Programs and Workshops
Career Management provides resources to prepare you for the job search process and for on-the-job success include:
- Seminars, which range from lectures to interactive practice sessions and cover self-assessment, market research, networking, resume writing, interviewing, and many other career management skills.
- Mock interviews with experienced interview trainers who can provide a real-life experience of interviewing in your industry or company of interest.
Wharton’s comprehensive MBA Career Management website provides education and guidance on each stage of the job search process, including:
- Detailed information on careers in various industries.
- Research tools exclusive to Wharton.
- Up-to-date information on upcoming recruiting events.
Individual Career Advising
Students participate in more than 2,500 individual advisor appointments each year. No matter the field — whether you’re interested in entrepreneurship, biotech, private equity, or technology — you’ll work one-on-one with an advisor who has industry-specific expertise and extensive knowledge about the companies and key players in that space. Your advisor will help you:
- Assess your skills and interests and craft your professional story.
- Discover your potential career direction.
- Structure your job search strategies and hone your job search skills.
- Learn more about specific companies or industries of interest.
- Stay motivated throughout the process.
MBA Career Management and Wharton professional student clubs partner on treks that introduce students to opportunities in a wide variety of industry and regional sectors. Each year, students travel to more than 250 companies in more than a dozen U.S. and international locations, including New York, San Francisco, London, and Greater China. Company and geographical selection is based on student interest and may include sectors, such as venture capital/private equity, technology, real estate, retail, hedge funds, biotech/health care, media and entertainment, and start-ups. During these treks you will:
- Take onsite tours of companies to meet with upper-level management and human resources representatives for information and networking.
- Tap into alumni networks by attending alumni events coordinated with career treks in the cities you are targeting.
Lifelong Career Support
Wharton’s commitment to you lasts long after you leave campus. As an alumnus, you continue to have access to career resources and services to assist you during career transitions and to support your long-term career goals. Alumni tools include:
- Alumni Career Management website, a comprehensive compilation of more than 40 online resources.
- Alumni Resume Book at no cost to alumni, and sold to top global employers seeking experienced professionals.
- Alumni Job Board with thousands of current job opportunities targeted to alumni and fully searchable by location, industry and function.
- Career Advising, one-on-one appointments with a dedicated MBA alumni advisor to discuss job search strategies, best job search practices in the current market, and how to leverage Wharton resources to meet short- and long-term career goals.