Moelis Advance Access Program
Apply senior year. Work for two to four years. Get a Wharton MBA.
The Moelis Advance Access Program is a deferred admission program that offers Penn undergraduate seniors a guaranteed pathway to the Wharton MBA after pursuing two to four years of work experience. The program accepts a highly selective cohort of Penn seniors whose academic and career interests expand traditional notions of business education. The program was established with a $10 million gift from Ken Moelis, W’80, WG’81, and Julie Taffet Moelis, W’81. Read the news release.
Apply during your Senior year for Round 3 MBA Admissions. Applicants will be evaluated similarly to the overall MBA pool.
GAIN WORK EXPERIENCE
Follow your passions during the deferment period by obtaining quality, substantive work experience. Moelis Fellows are encouraged to work in a wide range of industries.
ENGAGE WITH WHARTON
Your journey with Wharton starts from the moment you are admitted. During your deferment period you will have access to the Wharton community and professional development opportunities.
BEGIN THE MBA PROGRAM
Join us after two to four years of work experience, and receive a $10,000 yearly fellowship (or more based on merit) during the two year full time MBA program.
The Moelis Advance Access Program is designed for highly qualified Penn seniors who aspire to set the stage early for their advanced education and highly successful careers. Seniors in the College of Arts and Sciences, School of Engineering and Applied Science, School of Nursing, the Wharton School, and all coordinated dual degrees may apply. Applications will be accepted during Round 3 of the MBA Admissions Cycle.
Moelis Application Requirements
- $100 application fee
- Transcript with senior year fall and spring courses listed
- Standardized test scores (GMAT or GRE)
- Current resume with full-time job offers listed
- Two letters of recommendations from a Professor, Internship Supervisor/Employer, or a Campus Leadership Advisor
- Two essays (Same essays as general MBA applicants)
- Team Based Discussion and interview with Director of the Moelis Program
After gaining acceptance into the program, Moelis Fellows are required to pay a split deposit of $1,000 due at the end of May and $1,000 due the year you decide to matriculate. All Moelis Fellows will also submit a yearly declaration of intent to enroll and verification of work experience.
660 – 760
159 – 170
GRE Quant Range
161 – 167
GRE Verbal Range
3.25 – 3.96
Undergraduate Academic Program
- College of Arts & Sciences, 7
- Dual Degree Programs, 5
- The Wharton School, 2
- The School of Engineering & Applied Sciences, 2
Full Time Employment Industry
- Consulting, 5
- Technology, 3
- Financial Services, 2
- Computer Software, 1
- Diversified Financial Services, 1
- Education, 1
- Investment Banking, 1
- Medical Devices & Products, 1
- Transportation, 1
After enrolling, Moelis Fellows access exclusive professional development and Wharton resources, which include:
- Quarterly social and professional development events
- Yearly retreats
- Professional Mentor Matching
- Complimentary tickets to select conferences and events
Please fill out this form to stay connected to the Moelis Advance Access Program, and receive emails about upcoming events and deadlines.